Friday 12 October 2012

Reykjavik's Mayor Jon Gnarr Speaks on Bicycling in the City



Reykjavik's Mayor, Jon Gnarr, is a bicycle enthousiast. Wasn't always, but in this video (in Icelandic) he speaks about his recent love of cycling. Getting to a meeting in the city is way faster than riding in a car. Getting wet and sweaty is no problem - it doesn't happen very often, but when it does, then it is a novelty and the rest of the members at the meeting make comments like: "I should start cycling".

What I noticed is that he's got an electric bike. There's a sticker with the coat of arms for the city of Reykjavik on the powerpack. Gnarr is dressed in a suit with a stylish black helmet, and the clip was shot on the north-west side of the City Hall (Ráðhús Reykjavíkur).

5 comments:

  1. There is such a great amount in this article I would never have considered all alone. Your substance gives perusers things to consider in a fascinating way. Much obliged to you for your reasonable data. mountain bike wheels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. I was reviewing this blog continuously, and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information especially this page. Thank you and good luck. avast cleanup premium key 2019

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts. Portia Antonia Alexis Economics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey There. I found your blog using Google. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return. Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more. I'm taking your sustenance in addition. Thanks lottovip

    ReplyDelete

Reykjavik Bike Tour

Reykjavik Bike Tour
Click on the picture for information on bicycle tours in Iceland